Majors & Minors Exploration Fair
What is the Majors & Minors Exploration Fair?
Feeling frustrated or confused about your future? Are you uncertain of which career path best suits you ? Do you need help making one of the most important decisions of your professional life?
The YSU advising staff is hosting the Majors and Minors Exploration Fair, designed to provide students with an opportunity to explore/discover more than 100 undergraduate majors, as well as, minors and certificate programs.
Don't miss your chance to meet with and learn more about a possible major from faculty, professional advisors, staff, and student ambassadors. All six undergraduate colleges will be at your "doorstep" to answer any questions you may have in a comfortable atmosphere.
How to choose a minor:
At YSU you are required to complete both "major" and “minor" concentrations of courses. Everybody has a pretty clear idea of how to pick a major (it’s what you want to specialize in). But how to pick a minor seems a little fuzzier. Actually, the same considerations should go into picking both major and minor.
You’ll find that there are good reasons for you to choose one minor over another. These reasons have to do with what you expect your minor concentration to do for you. Please visit our Choosing A Minor page for more information!
Past and Possible Participants Include:
- College of Creative Arts and Communication
- Beeghly College of Education
- Bitonte College of Health and Human Services
- College of Liberal Arts and Social Science (CLASS)
- College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Williamson College of Business Administration
- Office of Career Services
- Center for International Studies and Programs
- Office of Admissions
- STEM Professional Services (Internships and Co-op Opportunities)
- WCBA Professional Practice (Internship and Co-op Opportunities)
QUESTIONS TO ASK AT ACADEMIC TABLES ABOUT CHOOSING OR CHANGING A MAJOR:
- What are the required courses for this major, minor, dual major?
- What are the classes like?
- What electives are available?
- How would my classes transfer if I changed majors?
- Do you require a minimum GPA to get into the major?
- Are there departmental/professional affiliations I should join once I choose a program?
- What jobs do YSU graduates obtain with this degree?
- Will a bachelor’s degree in this major prepare me for a job in this field, or will I more than likely need to pursue graduate work?
- What are some of the advantages of having a dual major or minor?
- What’s my next step in the process?