Physical Education Major
Chiropractic medicine, coaching, fitness and wellness training, nutrition—it's a field that's so much more than gym class. Earn your degree in Physical Education to find a variety of career opportunities.
What You'll Study
Through a combination of both health and education courses, you'll gain knowledge and skills essential to a career in teaching, athletic training, fitness, physical therapy and more.
The Physical Education major will teach you how to:
- Apply scientific and theoretical concepts in the discipline,
- Organize content for student/client learning,
- Create an environment for student/client learning,
- Develop into a reflective practitioner,
- Understand and use varied assessments to inform instruction and to evaluate student/client learning.
Internships and Jobs
OUR STUDENTS HAVE INTERNED AT:
- Pittsburgh Pirates
- YSU Men's Basketball
- Kansas City Chiefs
OUR GRADUATES WORK FOR:
- Ohio State University (Sports Medicine and Performance)
- Eagle Heights Academy Physical Education Program
- Boardman Local Schools Basketball Program
- John Carroll University (Athletic Training)
One More Thing
Julian Jones, Class of 2016
My experience in the Physical Education program has been great. I was able to meet wonderful peers and faculty and get an internship traveling with the YSU men's basketball team. After graduation, I will be moving to Indianapolis for a one-year post-graduate internship with the National Collegiate Athletic Association in their Department of Inclusion and Diversity."