Social Services Technology Associate
Whether you're looking to enter the field of human services or build upon your current qualifications, the two-year Social Services Technology program is designed for your success.
What You'll Study
As a student in the associate program, you'll take courses that will develop your skills and knowledge to help you:
- Prepare for social service assistant roles;
- Integrate basic values and skills of the social work profession into practice;
- Work with a diverse clientele within social services agencies;
- Develop core ethics essential to competent work with clients; and
- Stay current on issues concerning social and economic justice, including poverty, oppression, racism and discrimination.
After completing the program, you'll be eligible for licensing as a Social Work Assistant through the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
Internships and Jobs
OUR STUDENTS HAVE INTERNED AT:
- Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley
- Girard Multi-Generational Center
- Mahoning County Drug Free Coalition
- Beatitude House
- Mahoning County Help Me Grow
OUR GRADUATES WORK FOR:
- Mahoning-Youngstown Community Action Partnership
- Mahoning County Training Association
- Burdman Group, Inc.