Historic Preservation Certificate
Historic preservationists identify, research and protect historic resources while uncovering new ways to renovate buildings, bridges, land and even entire neighborhoods.
What You'll Study
Through this certificate program, you'll take courses in U.S. history and be introduced to the field of historic preservation. You'll study American architectural history and conservation as well.
The program culminates with a group project in the community and a practicum and internship in the field. Your classes will give you the training in historic research and direct experience in real-world preservation tasks.
Professionals in this fast-growing field find employment with consulting firms, preservation groups, museums and government agencies.
Internships and Jobs
OUR STUDENTS HAVE INTERNED AT:
- Mahoning Valley Organizing Collaborative
- Howland Township Planning and Zoning
- Mahoning Valley Historical Society
- Youngstown State University
OUR GRADUATES WORK FOR:
- Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County
- Historical Research Associates, Inc.
- Youngstown Historical Center of Industry and Labor
- Ohio Historical Society