Take your passion for history a step further and pursue a Master of Arts degree.
What You'll Study
The Master of Arts in History is for students looking for admittance into doctoral programs in history or a related field, pursuing advancement opportunities in secondary and elementary education, seeking certification in applied history or looking to advance in different professional areas.
In this program, you'll take a mix of American, European and transnational courses to study history on a global scale. You'll concentrate on research and primary materials while studying important monographs in all fields of history. The program also addresses several specialized fields, including areas of oral history and historic preservation.
In addition, the Department of History holds a management agreement with the Ohio History Connection to operate the Youngstown Historical Center of Industry and Labor on a daily basis. This gives you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in both tradition research and applied fields.
Internships and Jobs
OUR STUDENTS HAVE INTERNED AT:
- Mahoning County Courthouse
- Youngstown Historical Center of Industry and Labor
- Spring Hill Historical Site and Underground Railroad
- Pro Football Hall of Fame
- McKinley Birthplace Memorial
- Mahoning Valley Historical Society
- Ohio History Connection
OUR GRADUATES WORK FOR:
- Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Warren-Trumbull County Public Library
- Ohio History Journal
- Ohio Historical Society
- Cincinnati Museum Center
- Cornwall Brothers Store and Museum
- Handelsgymnasiet—Århus Købmandsskole (Denmark)