Computer Science Major
You're fascinated with how computers access, process and communicate information. Why not make a career out of it through our Computer Science major?
What You'll Study
Computer science is a methodical look at how computers and their applications operate.
As a Computer Science major, you'll take classes to be able to:
- Experience complex systems. Get hands-on time with at least one large computer-based system.
- Innovate. Design, analyze, implement and test computer programs by using the appropriate data structures and algorithms.
- Communicate. Learn to do so effectively with written reports.
- Earn employment. Obtain full-time employment as a programmer, system analyst, computer specialist, software engineer or various other positions in the field.
- Continue your education. Move on to graduate school if you want to continue your education after graduation.
Internships and Jobs
One More Thing
Andrew Morgan, Class of 2017
I've had ample opportunity for future academic and career success in this major. After completing an internship this past summer, I learned first-hand how my classes have been directly relevant to an industry career."