Alumni Society Mission and Objectives
To develop and foster sound relationships and lifelong involvement between the University and its alumni, and to provide a strong force for the advancement and support of the University by its alumni.
The Objectives of the Society shall be:
- To foster and promote the influence, welfare and the reputation of Youngstown State University.
- To strengthen the position of the University in the community, region and nation.
- To establish, promote and coordinate alumni and other University activities.
- To promote giving for the benefit of the University and its alumni in conjunction with the YSU Foundation.
Alumni Society Board Function and Form
The Alumni Society Board will serve in an advisory capacity to the Office of Alumni Engagement and shall help plan, organize and coordinate Alumni Engagement activities.
The Board shall consist of two Officers (President and President-Elect), ten At Large Board Members, and up to four Adjunct Board Members. The ten At Large Board Members will share responsibility for the actions of the Alumni Society Board and shall assume such other duties as may be assigned to them. Adjunct Board Members are ex-officio, non-voting members of the board, who serve the Board in an advisory capacity.
Board Position Terms:
The twelve At Large Board members are elected in groups of four in odd numbered years to six-year terms. Board members are not eligible for nomination for a second term. Members who are fulfilling an unexpired term of four years or less are eligible to be nominated for a second term. Adjunct board members are elected to two-year terms, and may be re-elected (as either Adjunct or At Large Board members).
Board Meetings and Attendance:
- The Alumni Society Board will meet four times per year (in January, April, July, and October). Other meetings may be called by the president if such meetings be deemed necessary.
- Attendance: Any Board member unable to attend two (2) successive regular meetings without just cause may be replaced by the Board of Directors.
Current Board Members:
A listing, photos and short bios of the current Board members.