Scope and Content Note
The archival material contained herein includes the administrative records of the YSUOEA,
from 1971 to the present day. Included and the minutes of meetings, committee
reports, financial records, and correspondence. Files that may be of particular interest
- The "Poddar Case," where a professor (and founding member of the YSU-OEA)
was dismissed from his position, but only after a faculty-wide referendum
regarding his fate.
- The Union Referendum of 1972, a somewhat acrimonious and heated election
through which the YSU-OEA won its position as the sole advocate of faculty
rights at Youngstown State University.
- "OEA Local Elections," a file which documents the surprisingly "rough and
tumble "campaigns for chapter leadership.
- Series I: Constitutions
- Series II: Minutes
- Series III: Correspondence
- Series IV: Committee Reports
- Series V: Financial
- Series VI: Membership
- Series VII: Subject Files
- Series VIII: Publications
- Series IX: News
- Series X: Miscellaneous
See also American Association of University Professors, Youngstown State University