Scope and Content Note
The archival material preserved herein includes memoranda generated by President
Humphrey. Also included are biographical data, strategic plans, and other items of
interest pertaining to Neil Humphrey's time at YSU. At present, the collection is
small; however, as related materials come to light, it is expected that it will grow. In
the meantime, files that may prove of particular interest include:
- The Faculty Strike of 1989 (File 10) in which the YSU chapter of the Ohio
Education Association, representing the faculty, went out to the picket line
when negotiations with the university administration failed to produce a new
contract. Even though the strike lasted for one day, an agreement was
produced and a precedent set for future industrial action on campus.
- The "Blue Sheets" (File 2), which President Humphrey used to disseminate
information to the university community regarding the decisions and actions of
the YSU Board of Trustees.
- "Strategic Plans" (Files 11 and 12), which reveal the Humphrey
Administration's views of the future at YSU.
- Series I: Correspondence
- Series II: Subject Files
- Series III: Publications
- Series IV: News
- Youngstown State University, Office of the President, John J. Coffelt,
- Youngstown State University, Office of the President, Leslie H. Cochran,
- Humphrey, Neil D.
- labor unions
- university administrators
- university presidents
- Youngstown State University